The thyroid gland controls a network of chemical and physical processes in the body. For example, it contributes to the growth and proper development of the entire body, regulates calcium levels in the bones and regulates the level of nutrients needed. When the thyroid gland stops functioning properly, the first symptoms are usually characterized by enlargement of the neck (under the larynx). Other common symptoms that reveal a disorder in the thyroid gland include stiffness in the back and joints, constipation, weight gain, and decreased physical activity rates.
- Here are some of the natural remedies that can be very effective in fighting thyroid problems. To cure thyroid problems Cress – Grind some watercress leaves with water until they turn into fine paste. Apply it on the front part of your neck and let it sit for an hour. Then rinse with water. In addition, you can also drink watercress tea for faster relief. – Mix 2 g of watercress leaves in a cup of boiling water and let steep for 30 minutes. Filter the liquid and drink warm. Watercress is one of the richest natural sources of iodine, which is one of the essential nutrients required for proper functioning of the body. The combined effect of these two remedies can therefore be very useful for improving the functions of the thyroid gland.
- Lotus and Reed Stems – Prepare a decoction based on these plants by throwing them into boiling water. Filter the liquid before consuming. For best results, repeat 3-4 times daily. This is one of the best natural ways to improve the functioning of the thyroid.
- Ginger tea: When suffering from thyroid dysfunction it is advisable to avoid soft drinks, tea and coffee and replace all these drinks with ginger tea. You should drink ginger tea at least 3-4 times a day to help reduce thyroid problems faster. You can prepare ginger tea by mixing a small amount of fresh ginger into your usual tea.
- Carrots, cucumber and sprouts – Eating salads by mixing sliced carrots, cucumber and sprouts can also be very effective in treating a lazy thyroid. Use this remedy twice a day, add it to your usual meal. If it has been diagnosed with goiter (swelling of the neck), this remedy is all the more beneficial. Milk and coconut oil Add 2 tbsp Of coconut oil in a cup of milk. Drinking this mixture can also be very helpful for thyroid dysfunction.
- Dandelion leaves Mix a little clarified butter with dandelion leaves in the ratio of 2/5. Wrap the resulting dough in a fine cotton cloth and wrap it around the affected areas. This remedy is particularly beneficial for people with goiter. Goitre is a deformity caused by thyroid disorders, swelling occurs on the front of the neck (just below the thyroid cartilage). Fresh juice and fasting One of the best ways to treat thyroid problems is to deeply clean the digestive system and expel the harmful toxins from the body. The most effective way to do this is to hold a 5-day fast, during which you should only drink fresh fruit or vegetable juices (preferably bios). Which fruits to favor? Pineapple, grapes, apples, cucumber and carrots. Diet in case of thyroid disorders In addition to the natural remedies listed above to ward off thyroid problems, you must also make specific changes in your diet. For starters, you need to add iodine-rich foods like cranberry, organic yogurt, white beans, strawberries, potatoes and crystal salts. Offal, yeast and egg yolks are also a good addition to your diet for a healthy thyroid. Avoid refined rice varieties, cakes, sweets, alcoholic beverages should also be strictly discard.
- Before taking these remedies, consult the advice of your doctor